- To save the time involved in taking the steps to create a new corporation.
- To gain the opportunity to bid on contracts.
- To create an appearance of corporate longevity.
- To gain access to investment capital.
- To gain easier access to corporate credit.
I am sure that you are seeking answers to questions like; where can I get money through my corporation, can I purchase a house in my corporation, can I get one million dollars for my corporation, can I…can I … can I?
I wish I had $1, just $1 for every single time someone walked into my office and asked these questions. The hope of the entrepreneur and the desperate business owner to have answers to, “where is the money”, “show me the money” or “mo money, mo money, mo money”. It is hope that beckons these subtle words in the quiet (well not so quiet) corporate offices in the San Fernando Valley on a cool California afternoon. Haven’t you heard the words of Obama releasing money to small businesses and the thousands of ambitious owners who want their piece of the bail out funds. Bail out; don’t be imprisoned by the pejorative masses that will run after the check when it passes the bank’s clearing house.
Ladies and gentleman... the rules have changed... and most of us are playing the game of our fathers and grandfathers. Don’t get duped by these companies that send out their sales force of wolves to tell you the simple truths that a good consultant, attorney, CPA and most importantly Google can figure out.
Each week I will share with you some simple rules to ensure that you are not one of those people that will call my office six months from now asking if I can fix the dilemma that your corporation or limited liability company is in. Continue to follow the blog to get all the tips you will need!
- Before you engage research the company you are doing business with… There are some big players in the space of the corporate credit, but the industry has changed drastically. The world is much more interested in international markets, companies that are leaving the smallest carbon footprint and ones effort in going eco friendly. The times of no credit check and small businesses being newly established getting lines of credit from major banks are a thing of the past. Make sure that the strategy in acquiring your new business credit makes traditional sense. If it doesn’t make sense to you, I doubt very much it will make sense to the bank.